LCRA helps city-owned utilities and electric cooperatives keep electricity flowing to their consumers affordably, reliably and safely.
We also offer a variety of optional services to enhance value for consumers. Educational programs and renewable energy marketing opportunities can help local utilities serve their communities simply and effectively.
POWERHOUSE™ Energy Education Program
Energy efficiency experts from LCRA visit middle schools all over Central Texas to teach students how they can save energy at home. Participants learn how their habits affect the environment and the availability of natural resources. Local utilities — LCRA wholesale customers — sponsor POWERHOUSE™ visits in their service areas.
Choose to Renew™
If you want to make sure your energy dollars are spent on sustainable renewable energy, Choose to Renew™ might be for you. Consumers in some areas can invest in the future of clean energy sources in Texas by paying a little more for their electric power.
Generation engineering services
LCRA's power plant specialists develop and maintain LCRA facilities, but they also provide equipment testing, automation, inspection and documentation services for other generation providers in Texas.
This team has designed and supported some of the most efficient fossil fuel-fired generation units in the country, making sure they perform reliably and safely while protecting the environment. Put their expertise to work for your generation system. For more information, contact LCRA.
Transmission and distribution system services
LCRA Transmission professionals have the expertise and experience to keep your transmission and distribution systems up and running. LCRA even offers on-site state-of-the-art diagnostic testing in some cases.
- Line design and construction
- Inspections and system studies
- Tree trimming services
- Fleet services
- Substation design and construction
- System operations
- Environmental services
For more information, contact us through Ask LCRA.
System support and safety services
From materials and safety testing to environmental services, LCRA Transmission Services provides support so your crews can focus on the task at hand — keeping your electric system up and running.
- Electric outlet materials store: Buy supplies for nearly every electric utility need, from cleaning to welding, at this one-stop shop. Volume purchasing, warehousing and custom billing services are available for LCRA customers.
- Protective equipment testing: Lives depend on safe equipment. Let LCRA professionals make sure your gloves, hot sticks and other supplies are doing what they need to do to keep your crews safe in the field.
- Safety services: LCRA can help plan and direct your safety meetings, training and audits and conduct accident investigations.
- Environmental services: Focus on your electric system while LCRA's environmental experts take care of the rest. A variety of professionals can help you develop and implement a strong environmental program, including site assessments to remediation oversight and computer modeling.