Escape the daily grind at Canyon of the Eagles
View park photo slideshow
Canyon of the Eagles Nature Park and Resort is uniquely located in the Texas Hill Country's upper Highland Lakes region. This beautifully maintained park includes a full-service nature resort and an abundance of amenities nestled within a spectacular 940-acre nature preserve. Canyon of the Eagles is positioned on LCRA-owned land along the northeast shore of Lake Buchanan in Burnet County, about 15 minutes from Burnet, 30 minutes from Llano, one hour from Austin and Fredericksburg, and only a few hours from San Antonio, Dallas, and Houston. The park, operated by Calibre Management of Texas, is located at the end of Ranch Road 2341, one of the most scenic roads in Texas, where visitors discover "Where the Road Ends, the Adventure Begins . . ."
This award-winning and pet-friendly park has spectacular views of the Texas hills and sunsets and provides something for everyone. Canyon of the Eagles is open year-round for overnight or day use and provides full-service lodging, RV sites, camp sites, a large group camp area, an award-winning restaurant and lounge, a gift shop, a park store that includes camp & RV supplies and kayak rentals, a popular observatory, 14 miles of groomed nature trails, interpretative and educational programs, and most importantly, a friendly and hospitality-trained staff ready to make each visit enjoyable and relaxing.
Immersed in nature
Roughy 800 of the 940 acres at Canyon of the Eagles are a nature preserve that is home to a variety of wildlife, including two threatened or endangered species of birds. Canyon of the Eagles takes its name from the American Bald Eagle that nests within the surrounding area from November through March each year. The park provides a home for the endangered Black-Capped Vireo and Golden-Cheeked Warbler and is dedicated to showcasing the flora and fauna of Lake Buchanan. Its not unusual to sight a bobcat, rabbit, snake, deer, roadrunner, or armadillo. Wildflowers are abundant throughout the spring and early summer.
Park features and events
- 61 hilltop guestrooms with full-service amenities
- 24 full-hookup RV sites including water, electricity, septic, fire rings and picnic tables.
- 23 spacious primitive drive-in campsites and 10 primitive hilltop hike-in only sites, all including fire pits and picnic tables
- One large group camp area with picnic tables for up to 150 people
- An award-winning restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner 365 days a year
- A lounge featuring signature cocktails, an extensive wine and beer list, specialty food menu and live entertainment
- More than 12,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and banquet facilities for up to 500 people.
- An outdoor swimming pool (resort guests only).
- Nightly stargazing at the on-site Eagle Eye Observatory.
- 14 miles of designated trails and recreational activities for all ages and abilities to hike, jog, bike, bird watch and more.
- LAKEFRONT BEACH AND PARKSTORE SENTENCE FOR HERE
- Interpretative and entertainment programs that include hands-on reptile programs, guided nature hikes, Kids craft hours, live music, culinary and wine presentations and movies under the stars with s'mores.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and parking for resort guests.
For lodging, RV and campsite reservations or for general information, please call 512-334-2070 or 800-977-0081. You can also visit www.CanyonOfTheEagles.com Anyone visiting or staying at the park is required to pay a day-use or program fee at the Resort's Guest Services Desk.