Inks Dam, owned by LCRA, creates Inks Lake.
Before Buchanan Dam was completed, LCRA began work three miles downstream on this smaller dam so the two could work in tandem.
Inks Dam, constructed from 1936 to 1938, has no floodgates, and the power plant is the smallest in the Highland Lakes chain. A small amount of water can be released through hydroelectric generation, but the bulk of floodwaters pass over an uncontrolled spillway.
The lake and dam are named for Roy B. Inks, one of the original directors on the LCRA Board.
For information about parks on Inks Lake, see map of parks and recreation areas.
Also see Inks Lake State Park.