This page includes information on billing cycles, payment methods, FAQ for online payments, late fees and reconnects, and how to start or stop services.
LCRA has two billing cycles to reflect when bills are calculated, mailed and due:
- Cycle 07: Customers on cycle 07 will be billed on or around the 20th. Payments are due on the 7th of the following month.
- Cycle 15: Customers on cycle 15 will be billed on or around the 30th. Payments are due on the 15th of the following month.
Note: If the due date falls on a weekend or holiday, the due date will be the following business day.
There are several ways you can pay your monthly bill:
- By mail: LCRA, P.O. Box 301589, Dallas, TX 75303-1589
- By telephone, using your Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card: Call 877-718-4396
- Online: follow instructions below
FAQ FOR ONLINE PAYMENTS
- Why do you have two links to pay your bill online?
One link is for a customer who wishes to log in once and pay their bill without establishing an online account. The other link is for a customer who wishes to set up a recurring payment. To do so, click on the link to establish an online account. From this link you will be able to set your account to charge either a Visa, MasterCard, Discover card or echeck each month. You will automatically receive a notification each time your bill is paid as well as notification when your credit card is about to expire.
- What information will I need to pay my bill?
You will need your account and customer number to log on and pay your monthly bill. If you do not have your account and customer number or need a copy of your recent bill, please contact Customer Service at 877-718-4396 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with that information.
- How will my payments be confirmed?
You will receive an email notification once your payment has been processed.
- Is there a convenience fee for paying online?
No, we do not charge a fee for paying online.
- Is there a guide to help me use the online payment system?
Yes, view or download the guide here.
For contact information, view the Contact Information sidebar.
LATE FEES AND RECONNECTS
An account is considered late if it is not paid in full by 5 p.m. on the due date. A 10 percent or $5 late fee, whichever is greater, will be assessed on late accounts. A notice will be mailed and a new due date will be assigned. Failure to pay a utility account in full will result in an interruption of services. If this occurs, the past due amount must be paid in full along with a $100 disconnect fee and a $50 reconnection fee.
HOW TO START OR STOP SERVICES
To start service
- At an existing location. To open a new residential water and/or wastewater account where services already exist:
Complete the online application and submit a $100 refundable deposit and a $40 application fee. We must receive payment before services can be established. The $100 deposit can be waived with a recent letter of credit from another utility company reflecting no more than two late fees and no returned checks in a 12-month period.
- Payment can be made using a Visa, MasterCard or Discover card by calling Customer Service at 877-718-4396. To pay by mail, download the application from the website and mail the completed form and a check to the address on the top left-hand side of the form.
Submit the application and deposit at least 48 hours prior to the date you need services.
Please note there is a $50 fee for same-day requests.
- For new service. To open a new residential utility account where services do not already exist:
Complete the online application and pay a $40 application fee using a Visa, MasterCard or Discover card by calling Customer Service at 877-718-4396.
Upon receipt of both the application and the fee, Customer Service staff will contact you to discuss service availability.
To stop service
Complete the Move Out Form for Residential/Commercial Water Service.
Back to top