Goldthwaite-Lampasas Transmission Line Upgrade
The project is in Lampasas, Mills and San Saba counties.
LCRA Transmission Services Corporation (TSC) will upgrade and convert 51.5 miles of transmission lines between the Goldthwaite, San Saba Switch, San Saba, Lometa and Lampasas substations.
This project addresses electric reliability concerns due to forecasted growth in the area. This upgrade will provide increased transmission capacity and reliability in Lampasas, Mills and San Saba counties.
Key Project Milestones:
- Project approved by LCRA Board: May 2015.
- Phase I (Goldthwaite-San Saba Switch-San Saba) construction clearing scheduled: December 2015.
- Project engineering/acquisition scheduled Phase I (Goldthwaite-San Saba Switch-San Saba) completion: March 2016.
- Planned Phase I (Goldthwaite-San Saba Switch-San Saba) construction start: March 2016.
- Project engineering/acquisition scheduled Phase II (San Saba-Lometa-Lampasas) completion: August 2016.
- Planned Phase II (San Saba-Lometa-Lampasas) construction start: October 2016.
- Planned construction completion: December 2017.