UPCOMING WATER QUALITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETINGS
10 am – 12 noon
LCRA Redbud Center
1:30 pm – 3 pm
Colorado County Ag Complex
Contact Lisa Benton at 512-578-2151 or
email@example.com for more information.
The Clean Rivers Program is a state fee-funded water quality monitoring, data assessment and public outreach program administered by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ). River authorities, water supply districts and government councils coordinate the program throughout the state.
Clean Rivers Program Goals
- Encourage comprehensive and cooperative watershed planning.
- Enhance public participation and outreach.
- Maintain a basin-wide water quality monitoring program.
- Provide a scientific response to water quality problems.
- Identify, analyze, and report on water quality issues and potential causes of pollution.
Clean Rivers Program Partners
LCRA is the lead agency for the Clean Rivers Program in the Colorado River basin, implementing the program from Lake Buchanan to Matagorda Bay. The
Upper Colorado River Authority implements the program in the Concho River and Colorado River above O.H. Ivie Reservoir. Other agencies contributing water quality data within the basin include the
City of Austin, the
U.S. Geological Survey, and TCEQ regional offices.
For more information on the Clean Rivers Program, including a list of statewide partners, visit the
TCEQ website or contact us through