LCRA ELS has temporarily changed its sample drop-off procedures to help protect staff and clients from COVID-19. Read more. The laboratory continues to accept samples from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
LCRA Environmental Laboratory Services
A NELAP laboratory providing quality testing to safeguard public health and ensure regulatory compliance.
LCRA Environmental Laboratory Services (ELS) is a full-service environmental sampling and analysis organization in Austin, Texas. LCRA ELS provides the most reliable and highest quality analytical, field, and courier services to meet our customer needs. ELS is a NELAP accredited laboratory.
LCRA ELS supports the Lower Colorado River Authority mission by helping ensure the quality of the lower Colorado River and its watershed, and extends its services to a wide range of customers and agencies throughout the United States.
- Lead and Copper
- Water Quality
- Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances
- Harmful Algal Blooms
- Residential Water Supply
- Volatile and semivolatile organic compounds
- Metals and elemental analysis
- Minerals and nutrients
Sampling and monitoring
- Certified and experienced sampling staff with Class D Water Operator’s licenses
- Full range of sampling equipment – GPS, watercraft fleet and stormwater auto samplers
- Ability to respond to stormwater events around-the-clock
- Equipment rental program
Customer and project services
- Electronic reporting to your state or U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Electronic data deliverables to client
- Pre-printed chain-of-custody and sampling container labels
- Sampling containers
- Satellite sample drop-off locations
- Discounted round-trip shipping rates
- Courier services to include on-site pickup, established courier routes and sample kit drop-off