Monitoring and Data
Monitoring in the Colorado River Basin
Water Quality Data
Water quality data are available at https://waterquality.lcra.org.
Water quality data is collected under a TCEQ-approved Quality Assurance Project Plan to ensure minimum quality objectives are met. The data are used to:
- Evaluate overall water quality and ecological conditions.
- Determine the impacts of point and nonpoint-source pollutants.
- Evaluate compliance with Texas Surface Water Quality Standards.
- Establish baseline conditions.
- Illustrate long-term trends in water quality.
LCRA aquatic scientists collect and later release fish to assess water quality.