Permission to Encroach Request Form
If you are considering developing a site or constructing within an LCRA TSC right of way, please read this request form closely and submit all required documentation for review.
Please be advised that the following encroachments typically conflict with most transmission easements and generally are not to be located in rights of way:
- Permanent structures
- Combustible materials
- Ponds, swimming pools, channels, septic systems
- Debris, garbage and storage of cut/fill materials
- Finish grades that introduce slopes exceeding 5 degrees measured across the easement
- Vegetation with a full mature height exceeding 10 feet
- Dumpsters or other large trash receptacles
Along with this Permission to Encroach Request Form, it is helpful to submit the following documents for review:
- Letter of intent explaining the type and extent of encroachment (include dimensions).
- A location map, plat or tax map with the property boundaries clearly delineated.
- Construction plans or drawings labeled “Exhibit 1.”
- Vicinity map with vicinity address listed.
- DXF files (NAD83 coordinates).
If you are including construction drawings, following these guidelines helps to ensure an efficient review:
- Sign and date the drawings, and include grading and site development plans (both existing and proposed).
- Highlight and locate LCRA TSC easements and towers.
- Draw the plans to an appropriate engineering scale (ranging from 1 inch=10 feet to 1 inch=400 feet) and specify the survey datum.
- Reference horizontal and vertical distances to existing LCRA TSC structures, anchors and easement boundaries.
- Refer to existing and proposed access roads, and refer to deed and easement recording information.
- Indicate no development activity within 30 feet of LCRA towers.
- For underground utilities, provide a cross sectional view showing grading and method of burial.
- Provide the name and mailing address of the landowner.
- Include dimensions of the installation.
- If the proposed project requires an easement or other agreement is required from a landowner, provide a copy of the easement or agreement.
- Identify existing and proposed grade.
Note: Other conditions may apply to underground utilities requests.