INTERPRETATION AND DEFINITIONS
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- “Account” means a unique account created for the User to access the Application or parts of the Application.
- “Cookies” are small files that are placed on the User’s computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of the User’s browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- “Device” means any device that can access the Application such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- “User” means the individual accessing or using the Application, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Application, as applicable.
COLLECTION OF USER INFORMATION
LCRA may collect information about the user in a variety of ways. The information LCRA may collect via the Application depends on the content and materials used, and includes:
Demographic and other personally identifiable information (such as name and email address) that the user voluntarily gives to LCRA when choosing to use the Application, such as chat, posting, sending feedback, and responding to surveys. If the user chooses to share data via profile, online chat, SMS, or other interactive areas of the Application, all data disclosed in these areas is public and data will be accessible to anyone who accesses the Application.
LCRA may request access or permission to and track location-based information from the user’s Device, either continuously or while the User is using the Application, to provide location-based services.
Mobile Device Access
LCRA may request access or permission to certain features from the User’s Device, including the User’s GPS location.
Mobile Device Data
Device information such as the User’s mobile Device ID number, model, and manufacturer, version of operating system, phone number, country, location, and any other data the User chooses to provide.
LCRA may request to send the User push notifications regarding the User’s Account, the Application, or other location specific information.
USE OF USER INFORMATION
Having accurate information about the User permits LCRA to provide the User with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, LCRA may use information collected about the User via the Application to:
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis.
- Create and manage Account.
- Email the User regarding Account.
- Enable User-to-User communications.
- Generate a personal profile about the User to make the Application more personalized.
- Increase efficiency and operation of the Application.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve User experience with the Application.
- Notify the User of updates to the Application.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Request feedback and contact the User about use of the Application.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- To present the Application and its contents to Users.
- To provide User with information and services that Users request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which Users expressly provide it.
- In any other way LCRA may describe when Users provide the information.
- For any other purpose with a User’s consent.
- If the User is not an LCRA employee, information may be provided to the User’s employer.
DISCLOSURE OF USER INFORMATION
LCRA may share information that has been collected about the User through use of SACICO+. User information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If LCRA believes the release of information about the User is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of LCRA policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, LCRA may share User information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation.
When the User checks in to the Application, User activity may be viewed by LCRA and may be distributed outside the Application in perpetuity.
Other Third Parties
LCRA may share User information internally and with other customers, for the purpose of conducting general business.
Cookies and Web Beacons
The User should be aware that getting a new phone, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering the User’s browser’s Cookies files may also clear certain opt-out Cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
SECURITY OF USER INFORMATION
LCRA uses administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect User personal information. While LCRA has taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information the User provides to LCRA, please be aware that despite LCRA efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, LCRA cannot guarantee complete security if the User provides personal information.
OPTIONS REGARDING USER INFORMATION
New users may request an account for the application or web interface by sending an email requesting a new account to [email protected]. Only LCRA employees, affiliates, customers, and contractors will be allowed to create an account.
All affiliates, customers, and contractors will be required to notify LCRA in writing, by email, at [email protected] when an employee using the application or web interface terminates employment.
The User may at any time review or change the information in an Account or terminate Account by:
- Logging into Account settings and updating Account
- Contacting LCRA using the contact information provided below
Emails and Communications
If the User no longer wishes to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from SACICO+, the User may opt-out by uninstalling the Application.
https://www.lcra.org/contact-us/ or https://www.lcra.org/contact-us/contact-lcra/.