WaterSmart Rebates are available for businesses, industries, schools, hospitals, churches and other institutions in LCRA's water service area to help implement new water-saving equipment and practices.
You qualify for WaterSmart Rebates if you receive water from one of these LCRA water customers.
Contact LCRA staff at WaterSmart@lcra.org to learn more about water audit rebates up to $125 per hour for outdoor audits (not to exceed $2,000), or up to $125 per hour for indoor and outdoor audit (not to exceed $5,000). Staff approval is required.
Install water-savings technology, such as rainwater harvesting, cooling tower recycling, or commercial ice machines, and receive a rebate of 50 percent of cost, up to $20,000. A water audit is required. Contact LCRA staff at WaterSmart@lcra.org for more information.
LCRA provides rebates for 50 percent of the cost, up to $1,500 per system, for irrigation system equipment upgrades to conserve water and increase efficiency.
Rebates also are available for water-efficient toilets, urinals and spray rinse valves, aeration, and compost and mulch.
Amounts of available rebates
|Water-efficient toilets and urinals||50 percent of the cost up to $100 per unit|
|High-efficiency spray rinse valves||50 percent of the cost of devices up to $65 per valve|
|Pressure-reducing heads or nozzles ||50 percent of the cost of devices up to $5 per head or nozzle|
|Pressure-reducing valves and in-line regulators ||50 percent of the cost of devices up to $100 per valve|
|Soil moisture sensors ||50 percent of the cost up to $900 |
|Rain sensors ||50 percent of the cost up to $20 per sensor|
|WaterSense smart controllers||50 percent of the cost of device up to $100|
|Aeration ||50 percent of equipment rental or contractor costs up to $50
|Compost and mulch ||50 percent of cost up to $400. No activated sewer sludge.|
Information needed to complete the rebate application
- IRS tax ID and a completed IRS W-9 form
- Itemized receipt(s)
- Photos of the upgraded equipment
- Information on items eligible for rebates, including:
- Number of toilets, urinals, spray rinse valves, soil moisture sensors and pressure-regulating valves
- Type of WaterSense smart controller and number of stations it controls
- Number of pressure-regulating heads and nozzles installed and operating pressure before
- Number of cubic yards of compost of mulch
- Acknowledgement of the WaterSmart Rebates rules:
- Applicant must have a water account with LCRA or one of LCRA's firm water customers.
- Applicant must provide a copy of itemized receipts supporting this application.
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. LCRA does not guarantee sufficient program funding or that all applicants will receive a rebate.
- Applicant must submit this application within 90 calendar days of completing the work.
- Rebates cover equipment costs, not labor or tax, unless otherwise specified.
- Work on the irrigation system has to be done by the system's owner or an irrigator licensed with the State of Texas.
- LCRA and its firm water customers are in no way responsible for the installation or operation of the irrigation equipment.
- All rebates are for non-potable uses and should not connect to local or potable water systems.
- LCRA and its firm water customers have the right, but not the obligation, to inspect the equipment installed to verify installations meet manufacturer requirements.
- LCRA and its firm customers have not made and do not make any representations, warranties or promises, either expressed or implied, with the respect to any irrigation equipment, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or quality, reliability, durability, water savings or compatibility with your existing irrigation system.
- LCRA can terminate the WaterSmart Rebates program at any time.
This rebate program is active as of
You also may print, complete and mail the application to:
Attn: Jack Jones RBC 316
P.O. Box 220
Austin, TX 78767
If you have questions, please contact LCRA staff at