Park hosts help maintain our parks and serve as onsite representatives for guests. Hosts offer visitors a first glimpse of our parks by providing excellent customer service and promoting safe use of our facilities.
We offer both paid and volunteer park host positions:
- Volunteer park host positions require 25 hours of work per week in exchange for an RV campsite with full utility hookups.
- Paid park host positions require 32 hours of work per week in exchange for an RV campsite with full utility hookups in addition to monetary compensation.
The following parks have park hosts positions with
detailed responsibilities for each:
- Black Rock Park
- Camp Creek Park
- Cedar Point Recreation Area
- Gloster Bend Recreation Area
- Grelle Recreation Area
- Jessica Hollis Park
- Lake Bastrop North Shore Park
- Lake Bastrop South Shore Park
- Matagorda Bay Nature Park
- McKinney Roughs Nature Park
- Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area
- Pedernales River Nature Park
- Plum Park on the Colorado
- Shaffer Bend Recreation Area
- Turkey Bend Recreation Area
Park host criteria:
Park hosts must have their own RVs and are selected based on:
- Camping experience.
- Prior campground or park host experience.
- Experience working with the public.
- Length of commitment.
- Background check (performed at LCRA's expense).
Apply to be a park host by completing an application.
Contact Park Operations Coordinator Bryan Jackson at 512–730–8034 or
email@example.com for more information on park host positions and openings.