Park hosts help maintain our parks and serve as onsite representatives for guests. Hosts offer visitors a first glimpse of our parks by providing excellent customer service and promoting safe use of our facilities.
We offer both paid and volunteer park host positions:
- Volunteer park host positions require 25 hours of work per week in exchange for an RV campsite with full utility hookups.
- Paid park host positions require 32 hours of work per week in exchange for an RV campsite with full utility hookups in addition to monetary compensation.
- Black Rock Park
- Camp Creek Park
- Cedar Point Recreation Area
- Gloster Bend Recreation Area
- Grelle Recreation Area
- Jessica Hollis Park
- Lake Bastrop North Shore Park
- Lake Bastrop South Shore Park
- Matagorda Bay Nature Park
- McKinney Roughs Nature Park
- Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area
- Pedernales River Nature Park
- Plum Park on the Colorado
- Shaffer Bend Recreation Area
- Turkey Bend Recreation Area
Park host criteria:
- Camping experience.
- Prior campground or park host experience.
- Experience working with the public.
- Length of commitment.
- Background check (performed at LCRA’s expense).
Apply to be a park host by completing an application. You may submit the application by email or mail to the addresses included in the application.
Contact John Gillen at 512-578-4813 or [email protected] for more information on park host positions and openings.