Park hosts help maintain our parks and serve as onsite representatives for guests. Hosts offer visitors a first glimpse of our parks by providing excellent customer service and promoting safe use of our facilities.
We offer both paid and volunteer park host positions:
- Volunteer park host positions require 25 hours of work per week in exchange for an RV campsite with full utility hookups.
- Paid park host positions require 32 hours of work per week in exchange for an RV campsite with full utility hookups in addition to monetary compensation.
The following parks have park hosts positions with detailed responsibilities for each:
- Black Rock Park
- Camp Creek Park
- Cedar Point Recreation Area
- Gloster Bend Recreation Area
- Grelle Recreation Area
- Jessica Hollis Park
- Lake Bastrop North Shore Park
- Lake Bastrop South Shore Park
- Matagorda Bay Nature Park
- McKinney Roughs Nature Park
- Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area
- Pedernales River Nature Park
- Plum Park on the Colorado
- Shaffer Bend Recreation Area
- Turkey Bend Recreation Area
Park host criteria:
Park hosts must have their own RVs and are selected based on:
- Camping experience.
- Prior campground or park host experience.
- Experience working with the public.
- Length of commitment.
- Background check (performed at LCRA’s expense).
Apply to be a park host by completing an application. You may submit the application by email or mail to the addresses included in the application.
Contact Brian Leuzinger at 800-776-5272 ext. 8034 or [email protected] for more information on park host positions and openings.